Thursday, October 20, 2011

Boards of Canada- Sunshine Recorder

Subconscious suggestions. I know that if I listen to Boards of Canada for a while I will be put in this sorta of awakened trance. A lot of their music has this layer of nostalgia lathered thickly on top that can sometimes help me recall some strange child hood memories long lost forgotten. Definitely one of my all time favorites when it comes to electronic music. Imagine old home videos that have been warped and distorted naturally over many years and sorta mental frequency wave that is neither happy or sad injected into it. A lot of their music is very dark because it sounds like a happy song that used to exist a long time ago and is no longer here. Not all of their music is dark though, some of it is very meditative and peaceful. I get a wide range of feelings derived from their music. Sure its kinda like the weather channel music, but who doesn't like that music when discovering the weather forecast for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment